O'Hara Student Center


Location:
Pittsburgh, PA

Services: Architecture, Interior Design.


Project Narrative: In 2009 the University of Pittsburgh purchased the Concordia Club, a three story social club built in 1913. The building contained a large ballroom, dining room, basement kitchen, and various meeting rooms and offices.

It was renovated for the use of Student Affairs and the College of Arts and Science. The existing dining room on the first floor and ballroom on the second floor were restored and the remaining spaces were converted to tutoring classrooms and student activity offices.

Exterior improvements included masonry restoration, an addition to provide multi-level accessibility with a new elevator, renovations to the parking areas and other site improvements.

Photos by JimJudkis Photography©